Protexin Soluble ®:
- Should be given as soon as possible after birth to establish the correct balance of microflora in the digestive system.
- Should be given before, during, & after stress situations (e.g. changes in food, environment, transportation, or surgical procedures).
- Aids in the control and prevention of diarrhoea of non-specific or dietary origin. , Should be used during, and after, all antibiotic therapy to restore stomach microflora.
- Is safe for use in all animals, including those which are pregnant and lactating.
Note for diabetic patients: Protexin Soluble® contains dextrose (glucose).
Protexin Soluble® contains live heat- and acid-resistant natural organisms found in the intestines of healthy animals. Bacteria: Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Streptococcus salvarius subsp. thermophilus, Enterococcus
8 faecium. Total Viable Count not less than 2 x 108 cfu (colony forming units) / gram.
Directions for use
Add and mix into milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over the animal’s food.
- Dogs/Cats: 2g per day
- Hamsters/Rodents: ½-1g per day
- Birds: 5-10g per litre drinking water per day
- Piglets/Weaners: 2g per day for 5 days
- Cattle: Calves: 2g per day for 3 days & 1g per day thereafter. Weaned calves & adult cattle: 4g per day
- Lambs: 1g per day
There are no withdrawal periods or any other restrictions on its use. Protexin Soluble® may be fed continuously or a course may be repeated at intervals for maintenance
of good health.